The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) has rejected reports that former Chief of the Defence Staff (CDS), General Thomas Oppong-Peprah, is being investigated over alleged infractions.
In a statement issued on Friday, August 21, the GAF Department of Public Relations described the publication making the allegations as “malicious” and “groundless”.

The military said it had become aware of a report claiming that General Oppong-Peprah, who is now Ghana’s Deputy High Commissioner to Canada, was under investigation for various alleged infractions.
“The attention of the Ghana Armed Forces has been drawn to a malicious news item alleging that General Thomas Oppong-Peprah, former Chief of the Defence Staff and the current Deputy High Commissioner to Canada, is under probe by the Ghana Armed Forces for various infractions,” the statement said.
The GAF stressed that the claim had no basis and that no investigation had been initiated against the former military chief.
“The Ghana Armed Forces wishes to state emphatically that the story is false and groundless. No such investigation is being undertaken.”
General Oppong-Peprah served as Chief of the Defence Staff before taking up his current diplomatic assignment as Deputy High Commissioner to Canada.
The GAF has subsequently urged the public to disregard the report and refrain from circulating what it described as misinformation.
It further encouraged the public to rely on official communication channels for verified information concerning the Ghana Armed Forces and its former senior officers.




























